I'm male, 26 years old, suffering with acne for 4 years. What should I do to cure this?

Doctor Answers 2

Acne Cure and Best Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without photos it is impossible to give you guidance as to the best treatment.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist to assist with the diagnosis to see whether this is hormonal or genetic.  Accutane or antibiotics may be some of the treatments necessary.  Any marks that remain from your acne can be treated with chemical peels and V-Beam Best, Dr. Green

Improving acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is hard to make recs with these details. I would see a dermatologist to evaluate your skin and add medication. Topicals, orals, chemical peels, and lasers are all options for this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.