I've heard that taking collagen tablets can help with cellulite. Is this true?

Ive done some research and found a success story of a lady taking Colvita tablets and after 6 months her cellulite had greatly improved. What else can you recommend apart from diet and exercise to improve cellulite? Im happy to try a collagen tablet but there's soo many on the market and would like to find a reasonable priced tablet. Ive also been recommended Vitamin C helps to build collagen and also having gelatin mixed with water daily. I live in Australia. Thanks

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.   If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Seeking help with cellulite

There aren't any peer reviewed studies which show these tablets to be helpful. The best treatment on the market for cellulite today appears to be Cellfina with patient satisfaction rates over 90% three years following treatment. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you for an evaluation and further discussion of these options.

Cellulite options

There are no motions, potions or lotions that effectively treat cellulite.

Cellulite is a deep-seeded problem where band from the muscle attach to the skin.  These bands need to be released to see any improvement that is significant which is why surface treatments are not very effective.

CellFina should be coming to a surgeon near you soon!

All my Best!

drb

Bradley Bengtson, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Don't waste your money

on tablets or creams for cellulite, since none of those have been proven to work.

There some treatments that work - such as Cellfina for depressed areas of cellulite, and perhaps internal laser or RF methods for areas of laxity.  So far, though, that's about it.

In a word, NO, collagen tablets cannot help with cellulite. Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works! There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Celluilite treatment

Cellfina is a US approved device for the treatment for specific dimples of Cellulite.  Multiple areas can be treated at one time.  There is a 96 percent patient satisfaction at 2 years according to the studies with Cellfina.

There are several ways to address cellulite depending upon depth of cellulite, location, elasticity of overall skin envelope, and subcutaneous fat layer.

Beverly Hills, CA

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

Not a single pill or cream helps with cellulite.  You need a surgical procedure to get significant improvement and then maintain the results with sculptra and radiofrequency/shock wave like venus legacy or velashape.  Thats my protocol and patients love it.  Best, Dr. Emer.