How to get rid of under-the-skin acne scars?

I have a few acne scars that aren't visible on my face, but they feel like bumps under my skin. I asked my dermatologist what she could do to get rid of them and she said she wouldn't inject them because it would leave "craters" where the bumps were, and she wouldn't cut them out because that would leave visible scars. She recommended an antibiotic but said it may not help. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of bumps under my skin caused by acne?

Acne scar vs active acne

From you description, it is difficult to determine if you have scars under the skin or active acne, since your dermatologist has recommended oral antibiotics.  Oral antibiotics will not help scars that are present, but can prevent future scars.  Need more photos or a face to face consultation. 

Improving acne with antibiotics

There are multiple ways to treat this type of acne. Oral antibiotics are helpful. Laser can be used as well. Accutane has also been used but is not my preference. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne and Comedonal Acne

It sounds like you may have comedonal acne that needs to be extracted by your dermatologist.  Please consult an expert in acne and scars for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green