What is the best treatment for my skin? (Photo)

I have enlarged pores and red patches on my cheeks as well as acne scars. I'm not sure if over exfoliating causes enlarged pores and uneven skin texture. And I wash my face twice a day and I use retin a once in a week. What should I do? Should I wash my face once a day? What are the treatments best for my skin (chemical peel/laser/prp etc) ?

Acne and red skin.

Acne scars and acne-related skin is treated differently depending on the appearance and structures of the skin. Sometimes there is no actual scar at all, but just a dark or red spot from inflammation. These spots usually improve on their own if you protect them and keep them out of the sun. In the meantime, to control the inflammation and acne breakouts, topical retin-a cream with intermittent salicylic acid peels can dramatically improve your skin tone and frequency of breakouts. Once the acne is controlled and you continue to do have remaining scars due to permanent dermal injury from acne, a variety of treatments can be performed to remodel the scar from energy-based lasers and radiofrequency devices to mechanical disruption of the scar with microneedling. Deep wide scars can be released and filled in with subcision and fillers and ice-pick (thin, deep) scars are best treated by excising them completely. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD, Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Lasers vs Microneedling PRP

Ideally for your skin type I like the use of Picosure Focus lasers, another viable option is Miconeedling, however I only use energy based insulated devices like Infini. Best combined with PRP. If you are after a really quick fix that last 6-12 months, dermal hydration technique with Restylane or Volbella or even Boletero also works fine. Dermal hydration using light HA fillers are my 'go to ' for quick and effective pore size reduction. Will do a video on this at some stage. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars and redness and pores

A combination of V-Beam for the redness, PRP with microneedling, and eMatrix are the best treatment s for your skin.  Be careful not to use anything too irritating to the skin.  Please consult an expert in acne scars for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Large pore, acne, and scars

I think you should increase your retin A more than once per week. I'd go up to at least 3x per week. Chemical peels can help condition your skin. Infini is good for pores and scars. A growth factor skin product is also a good addition.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Enlarged Pore Remedies

Increasing the frequency of your Retin-A application to at least 3 times a week will help. An ideal treatment is with the Sciton Halo laser, which works incredibly well for this cosmetic issue.

Chris Adigun, MD
Chapel Hill Dermatologist

Redness and Enlarged Pores Resolution with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision, fillers

This can be treated with a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend a formal evaluation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer