What is the Best Skin Treatment to Get Rid of Acne Scars?

I have acne scars and some are worse then others. I have been thinking for a long time about trying to get something done to help. What would be some things that would help this. I do know already about laser treatment but are there are anymore?

Doctor Answers 3


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


The options you have for your acne scars are Laser treatment, as Profractional laser or even a mini face lift to stretch out the skin and get rid of the scars. Fillers are not long lasting results. You should look into laser. Good luck


Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Treating Acne Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a very vague question, because there are many different types of acne scars and degrees of severity. However, I believe the best "one size fits all" treatment for acne related scarring is the Fraxel re:pair laser. It shrinks pores, tightens skin, and stimulates your body to repair and rebuild collagen defects caused by previous scarring. There are also treatments for redness like the V-Beam laser, or fillers, subcision, or excision. Without seeing your particular concerns, I can't be of more assistance. I recommend seeing your physician for further ideas. Best of luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD, FAAD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Many options available to treat acne scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are a LOT of options available to treat acne scars, but what works best for you would be best left to the discretion of your treating doctor. Some common  and good options are fractional radiofrequency resurfacing, TCA CROSS, chemical peels, microneedling, and subscision, apart from the LASERs. Please plan a consultation with your doctor, to choose the best method for you - some scars will respond to one type of treatment, and some to another, usually a combination is required.


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.