What treatment is recommended to treat severe case of cellulite and loose skin on thighs?

I lost 80 lbs and I have an hiurgkass shape with thick butt and thighs. M y legs are jiggly and I have bad cellulite. Js there a treatment to help improve the look of my legs?

Best Options?

Congrats on your weight loss!

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellulite and loose skin on thighs

Based on your description, it sounds as if you need a thigh lift procedure as a first step. Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you experienced in non surgical and surgical body contouring. They can examine you then discuss treatment options with you in detail.

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your good question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for Cellulite

Thank you for your question. A visit to the board certified plastic surgeon can evaluate your legs for a thigh lift. There is no quick and easy fix for loose skin after weight loss. Surgery is often the best alternative. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things: 1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence. The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!  

Cellulaze works to treat cellulite

Thank you for your question. In order to treat cellulite I recommend learning more about Cellulaze. This procedure will smooth over the skin while keeping it cellulite free. Consult with your surgeon to find out if this is the best procedure for you. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Well done on your weight loss and keep up the good work! Managing the after effects after massive weight loss can be a challenge but you hit on a key word in your question -- "improve". There are certainly options to improve how your legs look and feel.  It's best to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in body contouring surgery to give you specific recommendations. Especially without pictures and an examination, it's really impossible to say in this forum.  My best guess would be some combination of thigh lift and/or lower body lifting to remove the excess skin, tighten and lift the lower body.  This will help somewhat with the appearance of cellulite. If additional improvement in cellulite is desired, a cellulite reduction procedure could be considered down the road such as Cellulaze. Of course it is important that your weight is stable, you are in good condition for surgery, and are around or below a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon