What is the best treatment for completely getting rid of acne scarring? (photo)

I finished my 6 month treatment of accutane back in late February of this year(2014). I am now looking to aggressively deal with the acne scars/marks/discoloration left by my severe acne late September/early October. I am reading that nothing can get rid of them completely,but I am determined to get as close as possible! What treatment(s) are the absolute best for outstanding results? I just want to get my face back to the way it was before my acne! Thank you!

Treating Acne Scars with combination lasers

I treat a lot of patients with severe acne scars. You are correct that it will not be perfect. However, through a combination of lasers such as V-Beam for redness and Fraxel which will provide fractionated resurfacing you will have a great deal of improvement. The fact that you finished Accutane is great as it has stopped the acne from forming. Please consult an experienced dermatologist in your area for the best results. 

Getting Rid of Acne Scarring

Hi Devin.  The key term in your question is completely.  As laser practitioners, we have to be careful when setting expectations with patients as sometimes a patient's expectations are not in line with what is reasonably possible.  

Fractional laser resurfacing is an excellent option for you and we would perform a deep fractional resurfacing (400 - 1000 microns) and at least 22% coverage using the Sciton Profractional laser.  The good news is that you are young, the scars are new and we would expect good results.  The bad news is that it is very, very unlikely to get back to where your skin was prior to the acne.  

We would suggest 2-3 visits, 4-8 weeks apart.  Each has a [projected recovery of 7 days.  Good luck and you can visit the link below to view before and after pictures of acne scar removal in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD