Are there shallow acne scar treatments that are good for acne too?

Forehead is covered is shallow scars mostly the rolling type I use retin a micro and onexton but still get a few breakouts here and there as I'm very early in my treatment about a month. Is there a laser or something that helps acne and scars together?

Shallow acne scarring

Need to see a picture of the scar to determine depth of the scar.  Usually rolling type scarring responds well to resurfacing techniques.  Unfortunately the resurfacing techniques can cause breakouts and patients are started on antibiotics to prevent or lessen the risk of breakouts.

Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

Acne scarring treatment needs a combination approach. I suggest speaking to an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Shallow acne scars

A combination of fillers and lasers such as Fraxel and EMatrix will remove these scars for you. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Shallow acne scar treatments

Thank you for your question. Without any pictures it's more difficult to give recommendations. Depending on your skin tone there are different laser options for scarring. There is the deeper CO2, or fractional lasers. If you wanted to go with something less invasive, microneedling is a great treatment for scaring as well. A series of treatments is recommended for best results. Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon