How do I get rid of my acne scars? (photos)

I have some deep acne scaring on both sides of my cheek and I am very conscious of it. I will like to know how to get rid of them. I am afraid of doing a procedure that would make my face look worse. I am also concern of hyper pigmentation due to any procedures because of my skin tone.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Venus Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Best treatment for Acne scars in Dark Skin

The best treatment for acne scars with darker skin is the Ematrix. It will reduce the scars and does not run the risk of hyperpigmentation. Best to consult a dermatologist whose expertise is in acne scars. Best,  Dr. Green

Multiple treatments

Multiple treatments for targeted scars. IMO a combination of TCA CROSS, Fractional lasers, and fillers will address 70-80% of scars. In your skin type, the number of fractional laser treatments must increase, as the power and density of lasers will need to be conservative. 

The atrophic scars will benefit from a tiny bit of dermal fillers such as Juvederm at the end. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist