Ice pick scars or? I really don't know what type of acne scar this is. (photo)

I would like to know what would be the best approach for this acne scar . I would like to know what type of acne scar it is . And what would be the best options for this situation . Would it be microdebrasion to even it out with my skin . Or chemical peels or laser co2 ? What I would want preferably is if it's something less aggressive . But if there's no other options I would do the other options . How can I get lost skin back ? It really messed up my self esteem so advice would really help.

Doctor Answers 2

Acne scars

It appears you have a variety of acne scars. I think you probably need treatment deeper than a chemical peel could treat.   I would advise subcision and sublative therapies.  Maybe consider fractioned laser.  Stay skintastic. 

Fort Smith Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Acne scar type

There are 3 types of acne scars: Ice pick, rolling and boxcar. You appear to have rolling scars. These can be treated with Bellafill plus/minus Infini. There is some PIH which needs a skin bleacher as well. See link please.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.