Fore Head Skin Grafting? (photo)

I have burn scar on my fore head. They are 15 years old.I have undergone 3 surgeries so far.I had skin grafted on my scalp.Can I get skin graft on the area that is burnt.Please suggest me any method to get rid of this.I am attaching photos.

Doctor Answers 2

Forehead scar revision in Los Angeles

There are many options for you, including skin grafting and laser treatments to improve skin texture, color, and complexion. I saw a very similar patient while visiting Nagorno Karabakh last year and found scar revision to be suitable. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Forehead burn scar treatment

I would recommend you avoid additional skin grafting procedures at this point because skin grafts generally tend to not do to well on the forehead. It might be worthwhile seeing a dermatologist with advanced expertise in laser surgery to discuss laser revision of the skin grafts. It would not get rid of the scar but likely further blend the scar and improve its appearance. I have treated several patients like this. Occasionally I have success in getting insurance coverage for this but it is a lot of work to do so. Good luck.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.