What are the best treatments for a mixture of atrophic and boxcar acne scars in terms of overall improvement?

(fully ablative or fraxel laser resurfacing) and what is the settings default of the fraxel machine to treat acne scars in general?

Treating acne scars with dark skin

I would recommend the Infini over the lasers. It is safer for darker skin and seems to get better results. Sometimes fillers, such as Bellafill, are needed to improve the scars as well.

Atrophic and boxcar? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, infini is my choice for atrophic  scars. I often combine subscision with Infini. For boxcars, if they are deep, I also use Infini . If they are  superficial, you can use ablative or non ablative lasers. Traditional microneedling is also effective for more superficial boxcars. I usually combine these treatments with p r p to improve healing. Hope this helps. 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon