How long should a fat lip last?

I was punched in the mouth in March and the lip was cut inside and out. It was very swollen but over time the swelling went away. The part of the lip that was cut is still hard, knot like, as if its still swollen. Will this go away?

How long should fat lip last?

It is possible that the hard, knot like, swollen part of your lip is scar tissue from the trauma you had in March.  It is possible it may go down with more time but it is also possible it will not.  I would recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to be evaluated.  If there is scar tissue present, it is possible a steroid injection could help.  If it does not go away with more time or with treatment, it is also possible the scar tissue could be excised.    

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon