What is an approximate cost for treating acne scars? Have a mix of ice picked and rolling scars.

I know I have to be personally evaluated to get what its going to cost and how many/what treatment i need. but if any can give approximation for one session of treatment for example.

Ice pick and rolling scars

Good question.

First, do not waste your hard earned money on any kind of peeling or laser for ice pick or rolling scars. It does nothing.

Second, you should find someone to excise your ice picks with the appropriate sized biopsy punch and fine suture under local anesthesia in an office setting. Continue with such sessions as many as needed to reduce the number of ice picks as much as possible. This can be $1000 per session.

Next, rolling scars are best treated with sub cision. Again in an office under local. These scars have to be released from below and then pushed up with fillers. I prefer to use your own fat with your stem cells. Such a comprehensive session would be at least $4000, depending upon how much work there was to be performed.

Thanks for your question. So many people are mistreated. It is good that you raised the issue. 

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Treating acne scars costs

It is impossible to give an estimate without seeing you in person. I like to treat with a combination of Infini and/or Bellafill. My charges for Infini are up to 1500 and Bellafill is about 900 per syringe. Multiple treatments with both are needed. Longterm results can be achieved with these techniques.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Price for Acne Scars

The price varies greatly depending on the type of laser and injections needed.  You can't shop by price.  This is a complicated process and you need to find the right treatment for you.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Price depends on treatments and number of sessions.

Almost impossible to answer this with certainty. Price will and always varies depending on the complexity and number of sessions needed. An individual assessment will give the most accurate approximate costs. My suggestion is to see a Board Certified specialist. All the best, Dr Davin Lim.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist