Are there any scar treatments that could help? (photos)

I received great advise on my last question and have opted for a tummy tuck after summer. I am wondering if there are any scar treatments or scar revision surgeries that could reduce the appearance of my scars. My breast augmentation was 5 years ago. They are silicone. One side is 575cc other is 616cc. I want to make sure I ask all the right questions.

Scars on Breasts -- Laser, Microneedling, Medical Tattooing

Lasers, medical tattooing and combination treatments can be used to improve scarring. I suggest you see an expert in lasers and scars. Best, Dr. Emer

Lasers and surgery for an areola scar

A combination of surgical scar revision, Hidef fractional laser, and Ematrix RF can blend in your areola scars quite well. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar Treatment

Thank you for your question. Overall, you have healed quite nicely. Your scars appear to be flat, and relatively uniform. The biggest issue is the lack of pigment of the scars themselves. There are some treatments that can be performed to help resurface the skin, and to potentially blend the scars a bit - a light Active Fx CO2 laser may help (with the understanding that the scars will be red for approximately 2-4 weeks post treatment). A surgical revision may yield better results now, given that the tissue will not be under the same amount of tension as the initial procedure, and you may have a more fine line. But it's difficult to say for sure. There are a number of medical tattoo artists who can likely add some pigment to camouflage the scars - and, to be honest, this may be your best bet. Sometimes it takes multiple treatments to blend things exactly, but if you're patient it may pay off. Best of luck!