Hello Doctor, I have black skin and I suffer from typical hyperpigmented acne flat scars. What's wrong with me?

Scars lasting for more than 5 years, but one scar i recently got on December 24/15 from burning my skin with lemon juice (this scar is super dark). I have not tried anything to treat it except putting on Vaseline all over. Please help me, all my scars are not fading at all, whats' wrong with me.

Hyperpigmentation On Face/Body -- Clear + Brilliant/Viva, Microneelding/PRP, Skin lightening/Peels, Aerolase, Pico Laser

I suggest seeing an expert for an evaluation you likely need a combination of peels, skin care and lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hyperpigmentation

Hyperpigmentation is common with acne.  Bleaching creams can be very helpful in treating hyperpigmentation if used correctly.  It will take months to resolve.  Strict sun precautions and sun avoidance is required.  Evaluation by a qualified professional is necessary in order to determine what the appropriate treatment is for you.  Good Luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Black Skin and Hyperpigmentation NYC

I treat a lot of patients with dark skin and hyperpigmentation.  I find that the best combination to treat your condition are chemical peels combined with hydroquinones to treat this discoloration.  Please consult an expert.  Strict sun avoidance is necessary for the best success.  Best, Dr. Green

Hyperpigmentation in black skin. Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, it's totally normal for you to have pigmentation after inflammation of the skin. Depending upon your skin color, the pigmentation can be mild or very dark. Treatment for this condition is readily available. Go to a doctor and get a bleaching cream. It will usually take a few months, but it should lighten the spots. Should that not be fast enough or complete enough, chemical peeling is helpful. With your tendency, sunscreen should be used on any areas of inflammation. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon