How long will this scar take to heal? Its from peeling dark raised skin from bump but no bleeding occurred. (photos)

I saw a bump which didnt have any puss or anything and tried picking at it. I kind of picked it and there was a dark skin formation which was slightly raised. It was nowhere close to a scab so i peeled it and the skin came off -there was no bleeding. The dark skin around is what was peeled and there's no new skin forming no idea why. The scar is 2 days old now. How long will this take to heal on my face which is kind of from acne ? Is it too damaged or severe to be healed quickly in 1 2 weeks ?

Time for acne scars to heal

It is impossible to tell from the photo how long it will take for this to heal.  Different people heal at different rates.  I would advise you to use topical antibiotic creams and of course not to pick at the skin.  Best, Dr. Green

1-2 weeks is possible

It is impossible to answer without seeing you but this will usually help in 1-2 weeks. However there now may be a persotent cyst underneath and if that is the case it needs to be treated by a dermatologist to get it to resolve. Please do not manipulate it anymore. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon