What is the best treatment for my type of acne scaring, uneven skin tone and enlarged pores? (photos)

I am looking for something that is effective yet non invasive, as I am apprehensive about treatment which may lead to further scaring. Thank you kindly in advance!

Acne scars, skin tone and enlarged pores.

Thank you for your question. A series of chemical peels and mirconeedling would be among the least invasive treatments that would soften the scarring, help with skin tone and tighten the pores. A series of these treatments is recommended to give you optimal results.Best Wishes

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a formal consultation as we use a combination of treatments to get the best outcome for scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars

The best treatment available for acne scars today in my opinion is the Infini.  This is a combination of microneedling and radiofrequency.  It seems to be more effective in fewer treatments than the laser treatments we have been using.  It is done with just a topical anaesthetic cream and there is little or no downtime.  The best results come with 2-3 treatments but nice results can be seen after only one.  Hope this helps. Thanks for the question.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD, FRCPC
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars can be helped through laser and peels

Hi, thanks for your photos and question.  A variety of treatments can be considered ranging from laser, dermabrasion, augmentation, subcision, punch, chemical peels, skin needling, steroid injection, cryosurgery and/or topical applications. Multiple treatments are very often combined for optimal results, especially in cases of more severe scarring.  Laser skin resurfacing using fractionated laser technology can even out the skin surface and increase the formation of new collagen. Collagen is a protein that’s a building block of the skins and can therefore fill in acne scars. Ablative lasers vaporize scars, allowing smoother skin to take its place. Non-ablative lasers help activate the production of collagen without damaging the surface of your skin. There are also filler injections that can help fill in the indentations left behind from deep acne scars. Kojic acid (a natural skin lightener derived from mushroom extract), arbutin (also called bearberry extract), and vitamin C (ascorbic acid) are great ingredients to look for in lightening creams.  A consult with a board certified surgeon will help you identify the best treatment for your specific needs.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon