What laser is good for acne? (photos)

I have chronic acne scar on my back ,dark brown hyperpigmentation, and still active acne ,with a light skin. I tried Accutane for 8 month, and didn't get the result I want . it worked perfect for my face but not for my back and upper arm. what should I do, may I benefit from laser?

Lasers and Best Treatment for Back Acne

A combination of topical bleaching creams and Retinoids and chemical peels will help with the discoloration on your back.  Fraxel or eMatrix laser will help heal those scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Dose of accutane?

Accutane is dose dependent and too low a dose will decrease effectiveness. lLasers do not have long term benefit on acne.It is best to treat scars once acne has resolved. A natural treatment for active acne which is sometimes useful is gugulipid three times a day. For the scars erbium or carbon dioxide laser will achieve a partial improvement .

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

On the back I do a combiantion of aerolase laser, fraxel and bellafill injections. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist.  Color can be improved with creams and peels but scars need combinations and sometimes even surgical removal or subcision.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best options for acne scars

I would recommend treatment with Melarase creams daily, light chemical peels, E Matrix RF fractional, Clear and Brilliant laser, and derma pen. 

DR. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS