Hypertrophic Acne Scars? (photos)

I've been suffering from this acne scars for more than 4 years. Would you please help me to get rid of them. Do the silicon sheets or gel would help?

Doctor Answers 3

Hypertrophic facial scars? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs, NJ

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In my opinion, I agree you have hypertrophic acne scars. Treatment for these scars usually begins with injection therapy. We have  used steroids, 5-fluorouracil and Verapamil. Other treatments include steroid impregnated tape combined with micro needle rolling. In addition, silicone gels would be helpful. Should this not be adequate, ablative and non-ablative Laser as well as micro needling can be combined with the above treatment regimen. Multiple sessions are suggested. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Hypertrophic Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hypertrophic scars are best treated with a combination of lasers and intralesional cortisone injections.  This is an advanced technique so please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Hypertrophic acne scars and how to treat them

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
These scars will not likely change much at all with silicone sheets. Steroids would give some help possibly. Each one would have to be treated and you might need multiple shots. The results could be minimal. You can cut them down with more aggresive approaches and this would be the best but also the most risky approach. We have a 5-7 step process done in about 2 hours that can treat this as well as other aspects of your scars. Our approach is very aggressive but gets real results. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.