Treatment of acne scars?

Hey there, so these are my acne scars, and I need some advice (ignore the bumps surround it, I had a reaction to my roommates dog) I have one small scar just like it on the left side. My skin texture is slightly rougher. 1.) are these considered minor? They're really shallow, especially since using a dermaroller. 2.) I'm opting for fraxel, which one will work? 3.) how many treatments do you really think I'll need? 4.) what can I do at home to improve skin texture and scar depth?

Acne Scars and Best Treatment with Fraxel, Peels, Lasers, Microneedling, eMatrix

Acne scars and the best treatment all depend on both your type of skin and types of scars that you have.  Posting a photo would be most helpful.  Fraxel is the gold standard for scar  treatment but it depends also on your skin type and the nature of the scars.  Best to evaluate in person and consult a board certified dermatologist who has expertise with acne scars and lasers.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Venus Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scars

Unfortunately, I was not able to view your pictures. But based upon your description, shallow acne scars can be treated with multiple modalities. Multiple lasers including Fraxel, micro needling with radio frequency, standard micro needling with PRP as well as most radio frequency devices will help. If the device you are using at home is a micro needle roller, this is extremely effective. I caution against using anything deeper than .5 millimeters as this can cause damage. Seek a physician who is willing to show you photos. Hope this helps good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon