Non Surgical Rejuvenation for Mid-40s Face?

I am 44, but I look older than my mother. Are there any non-surgical treatments that you would suggest I undergo for facial rejuvenation ?I live in the area of NY/NJ and I want some suggestions about what to do before investing money. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Doctor Answers 5

Replace volume first

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Looking at your photograph the first thing I noticed was a loss of volume in the malar area (cheek), chin area, and naso-labial folds (cheek folds). I think you would benefit tremendously from fat injections into those areas. Using the fat from your own body gives a long term result. Fat injections will also give a very natural result.

Medford Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Mid 40's tune-up

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The very first thing that catches my eye that would make the biggest difference for you would be restoring the volume in your upper cheeks and mid face.  With a filler like Radiesse, this volume could be restored, lessening the appearance of the nasolabial folds and giving you a much more youthful appearance. Restylane for your tear trough area and hollowness under the eyes.    A  Fraxel laser treatment (or 2) to even out color and texture would be a nice adjunct as well.


Dr. Grant Stevens            

Grant Stevens, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 152 reviews

Non surgical facial rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best non surgical approach is TCA peel for superficial pigment irregularities and fine lines. Filler such as Juvederm or Restylane for volume restoration.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

You might also like...

Nonsurgical rejuvenation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sign of youthfulness is nice volume along upper 1/2 of the face. Volume restoration can be nicely achieved with Sculptra by an experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon injector. You will see less sagging as the skin will have better structural support to defy the force of gravity. Fat transfer is another fine option though the results may not be consistent and may require touchup to preserve symmetry. After we have nicely re-inflated the 'balloon', you may benefit from additional tightening from Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Fat Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with the other physician that fat injections into the area around your lower eyelids would be perfect. Not all fat injections are alike. Viafill is better. Find a doctor who performs this procedure. 

Robert M. Freund, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.