What can I do to fix the scarring on my back, chest, arms and to fix the craters/indents in my face?

I have severe acne on my face, neck, chest, back AND arms. No matter what I try or what I'm recommended by my dermatologists, nothing works. I can't even go out and enjoy the summer because of my sad predicament. What could be causing my severe acne and what else is there for me to do without having to break my bank?

SkinReady may be your Best Option

While Accutane can help with extreme acne, SkinReady therapy may be something you want to look into. Combining Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Blue/Red Light Therapy and acne clearing medicine, this therapy treatment doesn’t just remove acne, it can also improve the quality of your skin. Contact your nearest doctor about SkinReady therapy.

Fenton Dermatologist

Acne and Treatment

It sound like your acne is very severe and  I would recommend looking into staring Accutane therapy.  After your acne is treated, your scars can be addressed with lasers such as Fraxel or eMatrix.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with Accutane and acne scars.

Fix the scarring

Sorry to hear about the problems your having. First you need to control your acne condition. I would recommend Microcyn twice daily to affected areas. In addition, I would also recommend microdermabrasion and laser photo facials. Then go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for laser resurfacing of the face after your acne is under control. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Comprehensive Acne Treatment

Hello D.  Based on your description, you may want to look into using Accutane.  This drug has many side effects but tends to work well with patients that have a systemic (all over) acne problem.  Contact your family physician or dermatologist about accutane as an option.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD