Are old dark acne scars (black spots) hard to remove?

Good morning Sirs. Being 28, male, I've had several acne scars since childhood. There are some 3 big old acne black spots on my face since I was 18. Those spots don't fade away and are still dark, although I've tried lemon, honey, vinegar and several creams on my skin but it doesn't help fading them away. I would like please to know what are some efficient and easy natural or surgical methods to restore skin natural color. Thank you very much

Scars -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing

Scars can be difficult to treat, particularly when they are older, but they can be improved. I like a combination approach including lasers, micro needling with PRP. They may need surgery, fillers, and tattooing to match your skin tone. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Hyperpigmented acne scars

It is hard to give an exact recommendation without a picture. My experience is that these can be treated with either topicals such as Retin A with hydroquinone, chemical peels or lasers. Laser will be the most effective but alot depends on your skin type and the degree of the problem. Infini can treat any textural scar problems.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Old Dark Acne Marks/Scars (Black)

The best way to treat these type of marks is through hydroquinones and chemical peels.  I prefer TCA peels since this gives the best cosmetic result in the fastest period of time.  Please consult an expert in peels.  Best, Dr. Green

​Old dark spots that are from acne and how to treat them.

Old dark spots that are from acne and how to treat them. It depends on how they actually look like I would suggest that you do a consult but have some pictures to show your doctor and some close up pictures. If it's just hyperpigmentation laser resurfacing can help you but if there's any sort of surface irregularities you may need treatment for the other parts of the skin layers. This will require different procedures to ultimately treat those elements. But if it's purely superficial you can probably get away with just using laser resurfacing. Now also aggressive skin care could be something you can consider starting  before doing something as aggressive as laser resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon