What treatments can help my acne scars? (Photo)

I use to have horrible cystic acne. I saw a dermatologist who prescribed me Accutane and it cleared my acne completely. Now I do not get acne anymore, however I am left with some acne scarring on my cheeks. They are not deep acne scars and can be covered with makeup. The skin feels completely soft and not bumpy but the appearance of the acne scar is there. What kind of treatments can be done to completely remove the scarring and make my skin look flat?

Acne scarring that is not deep but is still there

Your acne scars are not that bad. I agree. With that said, I like to follow the rule that if it is not that bad then you don't need really aggressive treatment vice versa. I would think that volumizing would be helpful for you. Laser will too to help shock the scars from the surface. But with both I would be conservative. There is always a chance that your scars can look worse. With our techniques I feel that they almost always get better though.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars NYC

It is great that your dermatologist put you on Accutane and cleared up your acne. Now you should look into Fraxel and eMarrix to help treat these scars. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green.

Best treatment for Acne Scars

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your cystic acne under control!
Acne Scarss are a difficult problem to treat and the best approach can be multipronged to include lasers, fillers, and subcision.  The best treatments to date for broad acne scarring is still fractional lasers.  I typically recommend a  combination of light traditional laser peels with a deeper fractional laser peel.  You will likely need this a few times to achieve a very nice improvement. 
If you have specific deeper scars that are like icepicks or boxcars then adding some subcision and fillers such as bellafill may also help but I think they are best used secondarily.
Good luck with your search and read more in the link I provided below!

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon