What type of treatment would be best for these type of acne scars?

What type of treatment would be best for these type of acne scars? I rarely break out anymore but have these scars left that I'd like to improve the look of. Thanks!

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Multiple pits and sepressed scars; ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, you should be evaluated by an acne scar expert. You have multiple pits, boxcars and saucer shapes scars. You will need multiple modalities and treatments. I would start with micro needle radio frequency(infini), subcision and TCA cross. Once the scars are lifted, ablative and non-ablative lasers are helpful. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

What type of treatment would be best for these type of acne scars ??

Thanks for your query. These types of scar go best with fractional laser or Dermaroller treatment done over multiple sessions as these treatments will give you flawless skin. For more info you can contact Dr. Ajaya Kashyap (M.D) FACS.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Acne scar treatment - skin coloring important consideration

There are many options now for improving scars. A key to getting good results without creating different problems is to use the right treatment for your skin coloring.
  • Lasers can be problematic for darker skin or skin with pigment potential (such as Asian, Middle Eastern, South American, etc.). Pre-treatment can help alleviate concerns, but must be done correctly and consistently.
  • Radio frequency seems to be a much friendlier option for a variety of skin colorations and in our practice, this option is gaining considerable preference.
  • Vascular lasers are best for taking away residual redness.
  • Fillers can be used for most scars, but should be the "final" step.
  • Preventing acne prevents scars, so keep up with what's working to keep your breakouts at a minimum.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD