Infini or VenusViva for Moderate Acne Scarring? (photo)

1st dermatologist recommended 4 treatments of VenusViva to affected area only (both cheeks to jawline) at $500/treatment. 2nd dermatologist recommended 1 to 2 treatments of Infini, $1000/treatment, to entire face (incl. unaffected areas). 2nd derm said that Infini goes deeper than Viva and would be more effective without increasing downtime. Please advise: was info given accurate, which option is more advantageous for my issue, is pricing of 2 different treatments proportional to their efficacy?

Infini vs Venus Viva for acne scars - Infini.

There are no head to head studies and probably will never be any. The Infini is proven to effectively treat acne scars and has multiple before and after  pictures to back that up. I just posted one that shows significant improvement after one treatment (Don't see it yet but will be within next 24-48 hours up). Most of the other companies are riding on the coattails of the Infini's success. The Viva is a very superficial treatment, going only 0.5mm deep with NONINSULATED needles. The Infini can go as deep as 3.5mm and has insulated needles. Lasers would be more effective than Viva, because they can go deeper and have smaller and more precise wounds. Noninsulated needles (like the Venus Viva) lead to superficial wounds which has the potential to cause pigmentation issues and longer downtime. Insulated needles (Infini) bypass the surface with the RF energy and lead to less downtime, less wound care, and less risk. You can do only the areas affected by scars with the Infini with no risk of causing lines of demarcation. How many treatments you need is dependant on the way your skin reacts to treatment and can not be determined beforehand. It can be up to 4 with the Infini but will always be more treatments with the Viva. There is a growing consensus that Infini is the most effective treatment for acne scars amongst the thought leaders in the field. I have been using Infini for 3 years. I've tried ablative and nonablative lasers before the Infini for acne scars and can personally say that the Infini is far superior in results.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Infini can be used to improve scars and give long term collagen production. Price is dependent on the expert doing the treatment not the device itself. Radiofrequency devices like Infini have very little risk to pigmentation as they are color blind. In between Infini treatment, microneedling/PRP, subcision and filler really help. Please see a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Infini for acne scars

My friend and colleague, Dr Weiner has provided the definitive answer- INFINI. This is far superior than Venus Viva. Like he says, the insulation is the absolute key to this device. I have used many RF and energy based systems, but the insulated needles down to 3.5 mm is why this is the device of choice for many specialists who perform acne scar revision. For atrophic, tethered, and rolling scars, INFINI is my go to device, way ahead of any laser. 
All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist