Atkins diet?

Hello! My son will be 11 months old and I've lost the baby weight by doing Jenny Craig and then Atkins. I'm currently following Atkins. My doctor said after surgery to follow a low sodium diet. Atkins is hard to limit sodium. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of diet I should follow after surgery so I don't gain back weight by eating carbs? I'm so concerned about gaining weight.

Best diets for weight control

Once you've lost weight, your goal is maintenance. The complete avoidance of any food group is neither healthy nor effective. Each person's response to carbs, fats and proteins is unique. Some do better with more carbs than others. Your best initial approach is to start with high protein/low carb and experiment with different proportions of each while keeping your total calorie intake at or slightly below your daily calorie needs. This means you need to track the calories you eat (with an app like myfitnesspal) and the calories you burn (with a device like fitbit). It doesn't matter if the numbers are exact rather that your method of tracking is consistent. I recommend starting with 50% protein and the rest is a balance of unrefined carbs and healthy fats. Make 10% adjustments once in a while and see what happens after a few days.