I have severe acne scars and I'm convinced that different scars require different treatment. What's best for me? (photos)

(Dr. Davin Lim). I've seen many doctors to consult about my scars. However, they suggested me to have different methods ranging from dermaroller to PRP treatment. It seemed like they applied "one-fit-all" solution. I haven't seen or read any success stories of people who went to their clinics and actually recovered from acne scars. I'm afraid that without a proper consultation, I will only make my scars worse. Please help to assess what kind of treatment that my scars require. Thank you.

Doctor Answers 1

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This type of scarring needs a combination approach likely with a series of treatments including subcision, tca cross, punch excisions and lasers/fillers.  Please see an expert who can tailor their approach to your needs.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.