Have lost all self confidence, looking for treatment to remove or at least reduce these dark scars (photo)

Please help, looking to either remove completely or at least reduce appearance and darkness

Treatment of Dark Scars

There are a wide variety of products available to help with lightening dark scars.  These products may contain the following ingredients alone or in combination, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, licorice, arbutin, vitamin C, and niacinamide.  Certain chemical peels can help as well.  These treatments can, however, take time and patience before you see results.  Also, sunscreen/sun protection is critical.  It is important to see a qualified professional to create the best plan for you to achieve the best outcome.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark Scars and Treatments

A combination of hydroquinones,Vitamin C and Retinoids with chemical peels are the best treatments for your dark marks.  I have so many patients with these types of marks and it takes time but it can definitely get better.  Sunblock and future avoidance of sun is necessary.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

There are wonderful treatments for this

You have severe post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. A condition I see a lot of here in New Orleans. It is cause by acne and will worsen if you pick or get sun without sunscreen on. Do not use hydroquinone as that will only lighten your normal skin. I combine a prescription topical retinoid that both helps the active acne, as well as diminishes the dark spots without giving you an ashy hue. I then use SilkPeel Dermal infusion. You can see examples of typical results at my web site. be sure to use a broad spectrum sunsnscreen daily.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Dark scars

Sorry for your problem.
You should see an improvment for hydroquinone and retin A. 
Maybe the formulations you have used were not the best. 
Peels can also be of help.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon