Mid 20s with deep laugh lines. (Photos)

Hi there. Question about my laugh lines. They are very deep, and in my opinion deeper than they should be for my age. I have no other wrinkles at all so I find it very weird that these are so bad. I'm generally healthy, but I do smoke occasionally. I smile and laugh a lot but I still don't think they should be so bad. They bother me a lot and make me look so much older. Is there anything I can do to improve them?! Are they permanent? Will laser resurfacing work even though they are deep? Thanks

Treatment of laugh lines

I think everyone here will agree that smoking prematurely ages the skin and so I would first stop that first. Then I would treat the laugh lines using a combination approach. A soft gel filler such as Belotero would be helpful for the superficial lines and deeper lines could be treated with Juvederm or Restylane. I would supplement the filler treatment with a good skincare regimen that includes an antioxidant, retinol, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

Laugh lines

I'm sure you know that smoking contributes to aging, that being said look into stopping sooner then later.  Your laugh lines can easily be corrected with a filler Juvederm or Restalyne are some of ones we recommend at my office.  You will be very satisfied with the  results.

Treatment for Mid 20's Deep Laugh Lines

Dear quasar44:

Looking at your photos and your question, my recommendation to you is to stop smoking and using a dermal filler like Juvederm Volift to soften up your laugh lines.  All the best.

Mid 20s With Deep Laugh Lines

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  In general, smoking causes premature facial aging.  I would recommend that you quit.  Based on your photos, in addition to quitting smoking, the use of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm would be a great option to most effectively address your concerns.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Mid 20s with deep laugh lines

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I would recommend a multi-modal treatment plan starting with a good skin regimen incorporating a retinol and sunblock.  Stop smoking and ensure appropriate daily hydration.  Lastly use a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler to restore a smooth contour from your cheek to upper lip region.  Hope this helps.

Laugh lines in a 20 year old

Smoking will age you prematurely and you need to stop, even if it's only rarely. Fillers would easily treat the crease, but not the etched in lines. Those need laser of Infini for improvement. No treatment in permanent. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD