Treatments or creams for under eye wrinkles for 21-year old? (photos)

My undereye skin is thin and wrinkles so easy! I hate smiling and feel like I age up when I do. I've tried under eye creams and after a few days of using product it actually begins to make that area sensitive. I don't have allergies and makeup only accentuates them. I understand we all get wrinkles when we smile, but goodness I have a lot when I do! Is there any under eye cream or treatment that is safe and effective for someone of my age?

Eye wrinkles.

You are a great candidate for some Botox as well as daily use of a retinol under you eyes.  It will take time but you will be very happy with the results.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Treatments or creams for under eye wrinkles?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  At your age it is important to remember some easy initial treatment recommendations: 

1. Hydrate yourself fully each day to ensure appropriate skin turgor for this area of think skin.

2.  Start a good skin care regimen that incorporates a daily retinol, sunblock, and lightening cream while supplementing with a good eye cream that contains a small amount of retinol.  You may also want to consider a topical HA cream, such as SkinMedica's HA5.  

3.  To treat your crow's feet and lower eye wrinkles a small amount of Botox can help smooth them while conservative filler use will help add volume to reduce hollowness.  Hope this helps. 

Eye wrinkles

This is a common concern for many people. Some people naturally have more lines around the eyes that become apparent when we smile. Topical products may help to hydrate the skin and stimulate collagen production which over time may help to prevent the lines from worsening or even slightly improve the lines. However, it's important not to use too many products. Since the eyelid skin is thin and delicate, it is more prone to irritation and dryness. I would recommend using a gentle cleanser and a hydrating moisturizer or serum with hyaluronic acid (and/or antioxidants such as vitamin C) in addition to daily sunscreen (and regular sunglasses to protect from UV damage when your outside). If you are still bothered by the lines, follow up with a board certified dermatologist to discuss small amounts of botox or light laser treatments.

Jennifer Chwalek, MD