How to get rid of red marks from acne?

I have really light type of skin with freckles and I also have red marks on my cheeks left from acne. Is there something I can do to get rid of them? They are really visible now and I can't apply for example Vitamin E cream because of breaking.

Red marks from acne

Pulse dye laser is great for treating red marks from acne scars.  IPL is helpful as well.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Pulse dye laser

A pulse dye laser is most effective in treating red pigment/vessels secondary to acne and acne scarring

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of red marks from acne - how to do this

There are many options. The red marks can respond to lasers like intense pulse light, and lasers that target certain wavelengths. 532, 585 are some common wavelengths that target hemoglobin and blood vessels. I have seen co2 lasers help this. Also if you are having active acne you can treat this with topicals. I use a combination of peels, Retin A and clindagel if you are having active acne.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Red Marks on the Face

The V-Beam laser is the best way to remove red marks from the face and treat the red scars from acne.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD