Advice on treatment that would work best on my acne scars? (Photo)

I have been considering acne laser treatment. I want to experience so much more in life but my acne scars are holding me down. I just want my confidence back. I need advice on a treatment that would work effectively with my type of scars and skin complexion.

TCA CROSS, wait then RF microneedling with PRP

TCA CROSS for the deep scars . You WILL get skin darkening that will last 3-4 mths. You trade scars for PIH that will fade with time, HQ and lasers like QSL, you may need 2-3 sessions. I would then use microneedling that is energy based. My preference is INFINI, and PRP. 2-3 sessions. Expect treatment to span over 8 months, you will improve by 60-70%. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Ice pick scars treatment and getting your confidence back

Your ice pick scars can get better.  You just have to treat them in a different way. Traditional resurfacing will not work and it has to be applied in a different manner to get your ice pick scars to raise up. One thing that concerns me is the color of your skin.It appears to be a darker tone. You just have to accept the risks of hyper and hypo pigmentation, that means loss of pigment or gain of pigment in your skin. If you can say that these consequences are better than your current scars you have. Then I would more likely consider laser resurfacing to improve the ice pick scars. Depending on how you look in person I would consider our Unique 5-7 step process.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars

one earlier answer recommends midroneedling. This is a very safe treatment for dark skin. To improve the outcome,you should consider the Vampire facial which is using Platelet Rich Plasm (PRP) which is a product of your own blood, and microneedling that in to your skin. Can give very nice results for acne scars.It is unlikely, however, that you can expect to get completely smooth skin with any treatment.

Rick Balharry, MD
Calgary Physician

Ice pick acne scarring

This type of acne scarring is challenging to treat.  With your skin type I think that a microneedle RF device yields the best results and is safer than laser.  You may also benefit from filling some of the larger depressed areas with a hyaluronic acid filler.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars and dark skin

I treat so many patients with acne scars. I find that the best combination with your skin type is to fill the deep scars with Restylane and laser the surface with EMatrix. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green 

Acne scars in dark skin

I see multiple scars and would treat with the Infini. Deeper scars can be treated with Bellafill. Infini is safer for your skin color than laser and I believe it is also more effective. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD