Is this line under my butt cellulite or something else? What can I do to get rid of it? (Photos)

Hi, I'm not sure if this line under my butt is cellulite or if it's fat or just a butt deformity but it's very unsightly for me and I would like to get rid of it.

Banana Roll Resolution--VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, fat grafting

This looks like a gluteal fold, which would be fat. The best treatment for this is VASER hi definition liposuction in combination with ThermiRF and ultrasound to tighten the area and fat transferred around it to lift the buttock and improve the fold. Sometimes sculptra or cellfina can help too. Best, Dr. Emer.

Posterior thigh depressed area

The posterior thigh is a difficult area to assess and correct completely, similar to the outer thigh or saddlebag area. There is an old adage regarding any problem for which there are multiple solutions, any one of them is less than perfect. 

The area you have pointed out is very likely similar to what you would think of as cellulite.  There are dense adhesions or septae that we all have to keep out superficial soft tissue (skin and fat) connected to our deeper soft tissue (fascia and muscle) so when we stand up our superficial soft tissue doesn't slide off our our bodies. This is the root of the problem with cellulite and the reasons that any superficial treatments (creams or lotions) are ineffective. There are newer technologies that attack these subdermal areas directly to break them up but long term results are not clear. Fillers such as HA, sculptra and fat can camouflage the area or make it worse depending on how densely adherent the area is. 

As with most things, photos only tell part of the story so in person evaluation is usually more effective. Use caution when being offered any solution that doesn't make sense  given what I have just mentioned and be sure to ask questions!

Hope this was helpful and that you have a great day!

Peter Koltz, MD
Philadelphia Physician