Why does this happen and how do I fix it? Please help (Photo)

I have the absolute worst acne picking problem. More than half the time its not even acne im picking at its my pores. I create a huge problem out of a little pore that isn't noticable. Which is what i did in this picture, however it never leaves such a deep hole. what have i done and how do i heal it??

Acne picking...

Thank you for your question.  Acne exocriee des jeunes filles is a type of neurotic excoriation or disease where there is excessive picking of the skin.  If improving the acne with a prescription acne regiment does not improve the picking.  An evaluation by a psychiatrist may be necessary to start habit reversal therapy, SSRI drugs, or Zyprexa.  Additionally, we personally have had good results using the Genesis V laser in a series of treatments to help this condition  Please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon