What is the latest and the most effective way to treat upper eyelid wrinkles?

Due to allergies i've been rubbing my eyes and noticing upper eyelid wrinkles my age is 21...I really want to treat them please help me ! P.S : Thankfully my allergies are under control so im really looking forward to treatments

Doctor Answers 5


You are very young for aging wrinkles but I suggest something less invasive first such as microneedling

London Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

What is the latest and the most effective way to treat upper eyelid wrinkles?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Episodic bouts of allergy symptoms can result in stretching of the upper eyelid skin.  At your young age the most important first step is to have the allergies controlled with appropriate medication to avoid the upper eyelid swelling episodes and then start on a good skin regimen that incorporates a retinol, sunblock, and eye cream.  Hope this helps.

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Eyelid Wrinkles

I like Radiofrequency treatments with Pellevé, combined with topical biostimulatory agents such as Regenica and Alastin, for the delicate skin around the eyes. This area wrinkles readily with age and sun exposure or rubbing of the eyes but also responds quickly to procedures and topical therapy. Others might recommend fractional treatments such as Fraxel, which I find works better on brown spots and sun-damaged spots than for tightening the skin.

  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Eyelid wrinkles

These are a wide spectrum of severity. You can treat with eye creams, PRP, fillers, Botox, microneedling, Infini, and lasers. It seems if these were allergy related, correcting the allergies should correct the wrinkles.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Here's the latest for upper eyelid wrinkles--lasers, thermage, ultherapy, microneedling/prp

Lasers, thermage/ultherapy, microneedling/PRP can help this area.  Please see an expert in combination therapies.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.