What do I use to clear the dark scar left from spots ? (Photo)

My skin breaks out and because of what seems to be dark acne scars it makes it look even worse that it is

Top acne scar treatments for dark scars

I would use Ematrix RF, Clear and Brilliant laser, and Melarase AM and Melarase PM with a mild exfoliant. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Acne and Dark Marks

You first need to heal the acne and prevent future breakouts before you attempt to treat the acne scars.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist. You may need Accutane to treat this acne and then lasers and peels to remove the scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Vi peel

A quick safe treatment to lighten the dark areas in one week with no downtime is the vi peel which is safe in any color of skin. This helps acne and lightens dark areas. It is cost effective at 300 or less including after care products for the week. Fro a practices go to vi peel website.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Treat the source

Dark spots from acne is usually the result of active inflammation or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation where the melanin pigments in your skin accumulate in those particular areas. There are multiple ways to improve the uneven skin tone from the acne but the key is to first get the acne under control by topical or oral therapy. Hyperpigmentation often improves on its own after several months to a year while avoiding sun exposure or wearing sunscreen. Treatments such as peels, lasers, or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) therapy can further improve the irregular pigmentation depending on your skin type. Finally, improving the skin texture and reducing the pitting from the scars will also help lessen the shadowing and appearance of the scars. This can be done through microneedling, radiofrequency, fillers or a combination of the three. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician