I had acne a few years back. Now my skin has holes on it. Please help with different options for treatment. (photo)

I am now left with skin like this on face. I hate it. It's really bringing down my confidence. What creams and cosmetic surgeries can help it? Thank you

Improving acne scars

Acne scars can be improved with the Infiini. I think and the consensus is that the Infini is the best device for acne scars. Other measures can be used including: Bellafill, subcision, TCA cross. 

Acne "holes"/scars

The best treatment would be a combination of fillers and lasers such as eMatrix/Fraxel. Please consult an expert since your skin will definitely improve.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars

Hi thanks for sharing you pic. As there is no active breakouts now first  priming your skin with topical retinoids.next a few sessions of microneedling face will definitely produce collagen induction and will improve your skin texture .give enough time to see your results then you can opt for nano fat fill if required.please do consult a board certified dermatologist and go ahead with the procedure.

Scars following acne

Yes, having acne scars can be disheartening. There are many ways to improve this situation. A temporary improvement can be obtained by a technique called subcision where the scar holding the depressed skin is released and then a "filler" that could be your own fat or HA = Juvaderm can be injected to lift the skin. Laser skin resurfacing can also augment this treatment by tightening the skin. Another option is to use transcutaneous radio frequency RF therapy which puts tiny electrodes into the skin. They provide heat that creates new collagen formation and tightens the skin. 

So, as you can see, there are many options for you.  

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Acne Scar Treatments

Acne scars always require a combination approach.  In other words, there is not a single treatment that can be done to 'cure' acne scars.  The good news is that there are many great procedures available that will help and cause gradual improvement with each subsequent treatment.   Microneedling with PRP and/or fractional ablative laser (erbium), with bellafil or silicon filler into the scars, and possible need for subcission.   Good Luck!  

Jennifer Rullan, MD
Chula Vista Dermatologic Surgeon

I had acne a few years back. Now my skin has holes on it. Please help with different options for treatment.

Hello and thank you for your photo. Micro Needling is a procedure that minimizes scarring and signs of aging by stimulating the skin’s own rejuvenation process. The micro needling pen creates tiny punctures that prompt the immune system to boost blood flow, produce new skin cells, and remodel collagen and elastin. It’s a natural process that helps the body produce tighter, smoother-looking skin. SkinPen® from Bellus Medical represents the latest generation of devices. SkinPen® has popularized microneedling with men and women with busy personal schedules. The procedure is minimally-invasive, sessions are short, and it requires little downtime. I hope this helps!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Confidence Boosting Treatments for acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

A combination approach is needed for acne scarring.  You can get improvement with lasers, fillers, subcision, and microneedling/prp. See an expert in acne scarring for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.