I'm 16 Years Old and Have a Lot Acne Which Leave Dark Spots and Deep Pores I Tried Many Creams and Many More?

Doctor Answers 3

Acne treatment and scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

there are many treatment options to help treat active acne and its residual scarring.

your dermatology provider will be able to guide you through these options.

they will have the experience to manage your care and expectations, so you will have the best outcome possible.

i would recommend scheduling an appointment with your dermatology office.


La Jolla Dermatologist

Acne and dark spots

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Please book a consultation with a dermatologist who will assess your skin and advise the appropriate treatment for you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Teenage Acne Treatments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have acne, particularly acne that is leaving dark spots and scarring on your skin, it is important to visit your dermatologist for treatment.  Prescription treatments and in-office treatments work much more effectively than over-the-counter medications for the treatment of acne.  Your dermatologist will examine your skin and determine the best acne treatments for you.  Many topical prescription medications can improve the appearance of dark spots, while also helping to get rid of the active acne on your skin.  Additionally, in-office treatments (such as the Isolaz acne treatment) can improve the appearance of active acne and marks on your skin.

Eric Schweiger, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.