What is going on with my face? This stared happening 6 months ago. I'm a 22 year old female please help. (photos)

Oral medications are often used in combination with topical medications for Acne treatment. Antibiotics such as minocycline, tetracycline, and doxycycline are prescribed to control the growth of bacteria in the skin and in the sebaceous glands.For acne scarring, the fraxel dual is the gold standard for treatment. With the Fraxel,acne scars are improved over a series of 4 or 5 sessions. Vbeam laser treatment can significantly reduce both inflammatory acne and non-inflammatory acne. Following laser treatment, inflammatory acne lesions are reduced by an average of 85% and non-inflammatory acne lesions are reduced by approximately 70%. In addition, the laser will help improve acne scars and reduce redness in the skin. You should see a board certificated dermatologist as soon as possible to find a treatment protocol that works best for you.

Thank you for your question. From your photos, it looks like you have a combination of acne called inflammatory lesions (red pimples) and comedones (whiteheads and blackheads). A variety of treatment options are available for acne which include oral antibiotics, topical medications, Accutane, chemical peels, facials, light therapy, etc. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD