What can I do to clear up my skin? (photos)

I've read about many of the different treatments available. There's Microdermabrasion, Chemical Peels, Laser Treatments, Micro-needling, and more! Which treatments should I do? I have mild acne scars, and not the most healthiest looking textured skin. Should my first step be to talk with my Dermatologist? It just seems like every time I go to the Dermatologist, they either only suggest 2 things, topical cream or Laser Treatment. What about all the other treatments out there? Where do I begin?

Doctor Answers 2

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation.  Most young patients need a combination of lasers, microneedling, skin care, and peels to keep them looking young.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Acne and Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would consult a dermatologist who is a specialist in cosmetic dermatology and scars. First you need to have your acne under control.  Then you should consider eMatrix or Fraxel combined with fillers such as Restylane into the scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.