How to Treat Deep Nasolabial Fold for 22 Years Old Female? (photo)

I am 22 years old Asian female who has a very deep nasolabial fold which makes me look older than my age. What should I do to soften my fold? Is it because of my sagging skin or cheek fat loss?

Doctor Answers 4

Full cheeks in younger age can cause a fold. Does it make you look old though?

Of course internet cell phone photos are hard to interpret, but you appear to have a round face with full cheeks and a prominent medical cheek fat pad.  Personally I don't think that the fold makes you look older than your stated age.  A filler in the fold will easily improve that if you are worried however.  What was more striking from the photo, and again not probably the best photo to interrpret is that you appear to have dark circles under the eyes from a lack of anterior supperior cheek projection in that area.  Adding a little filler, such as Restylane, autologous fat or even an implant might improve that area.  Of course you should seek a consult with a qualified physician to confirm your diagnosis and best course of treatment if any. 

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

Deep nasolabial folds can be treated with Perlane or Juvederm

As we age or depending on genetics, some of us have deeper smile lines (nasolabial lines).  There is a quick fix which would require Perlane or Juvederm into these lines.  The procedure would have to be repeated once or twice a year depending on how deep your lines are.  I hope this helps.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

Fillers for a young female

A hyaluronic acid filler such as juvederm or restylane (or maybe even perlane) would be nice options for filling your nasolabial folds naturally and can be reversed with hyaluronidase if for whatever you didn't like it or wanted some of it dissolved.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 50 reviews

Treatment for 22 y.o. with deep nasolabial folds

Thank you for your photos, although it is a bit hard to see what is trully going on.  If it is truly a nasolabial fold issue, the best approach is usually a direct approach. Injectables can be very effective in this area. They fill in the contour. Please see an experienced and well trained injector.  They will consult with you and together you will make a good decision.  

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.