Removing Scar on lip due to Cold Sores. (photo)

I've had these little scars for years and it all started when I had a couple cold sores. I don't think I was cleaning them properly and eventually it spread out a bit and I'm left with these permanent scars. I don't know what I should do whether I could get some sort of Laser treatment or speak to my doctor but it's embarrassing and It bothers me everyday and I just can't deal with it anymore. I might try using Vitamin E ointment/oil which is my next step, help is extremely appreciated!

Scar removal

There are few options to remove or minimize scars such as yours. Depending on the severity of the scar, you can consider doing chemical peels, dermabrasion, scar revision surgery, skin flap surgery, skin grafting, or even laser. You can try using vitamin E orally and topically to see where it takes you. Best of luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician