Dark Circles Under Eyes. Am I a Candidate For Fat Transfer? (photo)

I'm 18-year old female and I've recently heard about fat transfer but I'm afraid of "puffy eyes" after surgery. Is it really a proper solution for me? I'm looking forward to response.

Doctor Answers 4

Restylane or Belotero best for your under-eye circles


Judging by your photo, you need volume restoration under your eyes to correct your under-eye dark circles and hollows. A hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Belotero will give more precise results than fat, and is completely adjustable or reversible if needed. Look for a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who offers these filler Injections through a blunt cannula as this will reduce or eliminate your risk of bruising. 

Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

No eyelid surgery either.

Your best option here is under eye fillers with Restylane.  Please if you decide to have this treatment, find a highly experienced injector who also does mid face surgery.  The level of experience means you will pay more for the service.  This is really not a place to look for the cheapest service.  You are looking for the safest and best possible treatment.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Young woman lower eyelids

At your age group I would recommend starting with some lightening creams or under eye products like teamine.  Would wait on any surgery.  Doesn't look like you need added fat graft right now

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

You might also like...

Dark circles under eyes.

NO fat transfer. It looks as though you may have too much fat which can be removed through the inside of the lid. See an experienced blepharoplasty surgeon for an evaluation.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.