What treatment will help improve my skin - oily skin, big clogged pores, and post acne marks? (Photo)

I am 33, eating healthy, exercising, and following md orders. I've been using Retin-A for 5 months, my skin is no longer breaking out but I'm still unhappy with my skin. I have huge pores, oily skin, acne marks and uneven texture. My regime consist of: glycolic wash, Obagi Vit C serum, Retin-A, moisturizer, and exfoliation. I don't want to add more products into my regime. I feel more can be done, maybe peels or lasers but my dermatologist wants me to wait. Any suggestions or second opinions?

Improving texture

Thank you for your question! Before beginning any laser treatments, due to your Fitzpatrick level (skin's reaction to the sun based on skin tone) I would also recommend you incorporate another serum in addition to vitamin C to suppress your cells from producing hyper pigmentation. Chemical Peels and Micro-needling would be ideal treatments for your skin tone to improve your texture and minimize your acne scarring.  In the products you listed, I did not see an SPF. Using an SPF is one of the most important things you can do to protect your skin and improve its appearance. I would not recommend undergoing any advanced treatments unless you are using an SPF daily. Hope this helps and I wish you the best in  your journey. 

Acne Scars on Face/ Big Pores -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surg

Acne
scars usually need a combination of treatments, including lasers and
microneedling. Lasers or peels will also retexture and smooth your skin.
Please
see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Oily skin, big clogged pores, and post acne marks and how to treat this

Based on your pictures I can see you have acne marks that look more like boxcar scars and maybe some element of ice pick scars. It's possible that you also have just generally aging of your skin. I would suggest laser resurfacing to treat some of these elements but to rejuvenate your skin you may need to do something else to cause your skin to look better and younger. This will entail treating your skin in multiple different ways and not just through laser resurfacing. Laser resurfacing will improve your skin to a degree but there are some options to do something to the deeper layers to allowed to rejuvenate .

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon