How can I fix a lip scar, discoloration, and deformity stemming from mucocele removal surgery? (Photo)

I had surgery to remove a mucocele from my right lower lip approximately 9 months ago. Since, my lower lip has a noticeable scar and outward deformation. I went back to the surgeon several months ago and he said that I had to wait a year for me to consider doing anything. However I am very self-conscious of this and it is severely impacting my self-esteem.

Plato's Scar Serum and IIT to a lip scar

Apply Plato's Scar Serum twice daily followed by surgical scar revision or IIT> 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, skin lightening

Lasers, peels, and medical tattooing can help improve discoloration to this area. I suggest you see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Try massage

Thanks for the great question and the photo! New scars can definitely be bothersome. Most surgeons won't revise anything for a year because that's about how long it takes for all of the scar which was formed in the healing process to remodel. I have patients massage the area where the scar is multiple times a day, the more the better. Just take the scar tissue and pinch and roll it in between your fingers. It might hurt at first, but as the scar softens it shouldn't be as bad. Try this for the next 3 months and see if it helps! Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber