What can be done about raised scars on the nose that resulted from cystic acne? (Photo)

The scars range in age between 4-8 years. They are the result of cystic acne. What kind of options do I have?

Raised scars from Cystic Acne

The best combination of treatment for keloidal acne scars are intralesional cortisone injections and laser therapy.  Fraxel Laser works remarkably well at healing these scars, especially on the face.  Please find a dermatologist who is experienced with these lasers for the best results.

Acne scarring on the nose.

Thank you for your question.  For raised scarring on the skin including the nose I usually start with a series of mild kenalog injections to flatten the scarring and then a series of resurfacing lasers to blend the scars.  I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Jennifer Janiga, MD
Reno Dermatologic Surgeon