How can I treat dark black pimples? (Photos)

Black pimples

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation from acne

It appears these dark spots are from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), which is darkening of the skin after inflammation or injury, acne in your case. This is very common and over time the dark spots will fade. The key is to stop the inflammation or acne to form in the first place. The active acne that you have are those red bumps. You might want to start with topical prescription medications, like tretinoin. However, you may get more effective results from oral antibiotics, especially if you have acne on your chest and back as well. Once the red acne pimples are under control, you can think about how to lighten the PIH spots, like with topicals, chemical peels, or laser. Hope this helps! 

Madison Dermatologic Surgeon

PIH from acne in dark skin

I would try prescription topicals at first including Retin A and hydroquinone. If no improvement, consider some chemical peels. Laser are tough in your skin type but a 1064 laser is safer and can if you still aren't getting improvements. Infini can be used for scarring.

Steven F. Weiner, MD