I have a very pail skin complexion and acne scar. What treatment would you recommend? (photo)

I also have trouble with acne it's self and am constantly trying new things and it's costing me a fortune. What do I do? Please help me:)

Acne scars and Fair complexion

Fraxel is becoming the gold standard for treating acne scars.  You should first find out if there is a medical cause that can be treated for your acne.  The redness will resolve over time and can be treated with V-Beam to help heal it faster.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in Fraxel.

Acne and acne scarring

It is very important to treat active acne prior to proceeding with any treatment of scars, especially because some of the scar treatments can make acne worse. It is also important to prevent new scars from forming. A board certified dermatologist can provide a prescription acne regimen to treat active skin. Once things have quieted down, a combination of surgical and laser treatments can be entertained. A dermatologist is the best first step.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon